My Five

My Five
The Best and Brightest

Me and Mr. B

Monday, June 23, 2008

Barcelona the city that I love!




Barcelona the city that I love. I'll only mention my favorite things. It's known for it's Modernism architecture, the most famous are from the master Gaudi - his cathedral is still a work in progess. My favorite place is the Palau de la Musica Catalana. This little theater is a flower garden from the stained glass ceiling of the sun to the muses that surround the back of the stage to the mosaic flowered columns it is perfect. Another experience not to miss is the Spanish art of Flamenco it's more than just stamping, clapping and dancing. It started with passionate music and by passion I mean more than your dog died and your lover left you - whatever they are singing about is pretty intense almost scary. Las Ramblas is a street that you stroll down and see some amazing street performers and the market is the biggest fruit stand you'll find - you can even buy live chickens and birds here. Barcelona is just one of a kind.

No comments: